Senior Software Engineer
Location: Mountain View, CA
Want to use your passion for software development to build data products and graphics enhancements for Sports broadcasts? We are the company that brought the Yellow Line to football, pitch tracking to baseball and pointers to NASCAR broadcasts. We’re growing and we’re looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer who will be a leader on a small matrix team building products for data collection, broadcast enhancement, and possibly contribute to our growing collection of consumer-facing applications. Your responsibilities will include all aspects of software development from design to coding, testing and successful field deployment for operational use. You’ll be involved in defining the work as well – not all the questions come with answers provided – so comfort operating in an environment of ambiguity is a must.
EXPERIENCE YOU HAVE:
- Minimum of 8 years proven experience with product/application development. You must have worked on teams that have shipped and maintained commercially viable products over multiple release cycles.
- 8+ years of experience with object oriented design and C/C++ programming skills.
- Advanced Math and Graphics background (for example 3D graphics, projection, reconstruction, filtering, estimators, camera models etc.).
- Experience with high resolution Image and Video processing pipelines with real-time requirements.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies, and willingness to Scrum.
- Leadership skills with prior experience in lead roles for small teams.
- Proven experience developing creative solutions to complex design problems and acting independently.
EXPERIENCE IN ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Advanced SQL and distributed database design and optimization.
- SSE, CUDA/GPGPU, IPP or other optimization approaches leveraging hardware.
- OpenGL, shading languages, scene graphs.
- Qt or other UI toolkits.
- Game, film, TV graphics or broadcast video experience.
- Knowledge and passion for sports, a plus!
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Advanced degree or other professional accomplishments showing specialization in the above mentioned domains is a plus.
Some travel required to sporting events.
Sportvision is a privately-held company that offers competitive compensation and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, matching 401(k), and grant units.
Equal Opportunity Employer