Location: Fremont, CA
The Database Administrator (DBA) is a newly created position. The DBA will be responsible for providing technical support to administer database life cycles on premises and in the cloud.
As a DBA, we will rely on you for day-to day administration of our database systems and support of development projects. You will work closely with our Database Architect on the planning, design and
implementation of automated database administration tasks (monitoring, backup/restore, database maintenance, etc.). In addition, you will be responsible for the following:
- Work with the Database Architect on database application performance benchmarking and monitoring
- Work with the Database Architect and Sportvision IT staff in ensuring that database system up-time and performance meet requirements
- Work with the Data Analysts, Database Architect on supporting data presentation systems/tools
- Assist the Database Architect with database infrastructure/system planning, decisions and design
- Assist the Database Architect and with application engineers general database application design
- Assist internal staff with any database related issues
- Work with our Data Analysts and Database Architect on processes and tools to track and address
data quality issues
- Occasional on-call support during sporting events
- 2-3 years of experience with database development/administration, preferably with MS SQL Server and/or MySQL
- Basic understanding of Data modeling and how entity properties and relationships are enforced at the object level
- Proficiency in SQL programming, including the programming of stored procedures, views, triggers
- Experience with at least one scripting language, e.g. Unix shell, Perl, Windows PowerShell, Python
- Basic understanding of the most database common maintenance and monitoring tasks
- Experience with Amazon RDS database instances preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Interest in and knowledge of sports a plus!
We work in a fast-paced environment that includes competitive compensation, casual
work environment, and fun company events and celebrations.
Equal Opportunity Employer